R. Jain, "Addressing Interoperability in Satellite Networks: Issues and Challenges,"Satellite Networks: Architectures, Applications, and Technologies Workshop, Cleveland, OH, June 2-4, 1998.
This talk covers the following topics:
- Life Cycles of Technologies
- Internet Technology
- Life Cycle: Satellite Networking
- Networking: Failures vs Successes
- Requirements for Success
- Interoperability: Example
- Layers of Interoperability
- Standards: A Partial List
- Why ATM?
- Our Goal
- Binary vs Explicit Rate
- Binary vs Explicit Feedback
- Why Explicit Rate Indication?
- ABR or UBR?
- ABR vs UBR
- Ways to Improve UBR over Satellites
- Our Publications
Presentation slides in Adobe Acrobat Format:
View presentation now:
Back to other lectures of the series
Complete List of Audio/Video Lectures by Raj Jain
Back to Raj Jain's Home Page