Scheduling in Computer Networks: References
Note: A periodically updated version of this list is kept on-line at
Hot Topics in Networking References
Raj Jain's Home Page
Papers on Scheduling
- H. J. Chao and N. Uzun, "An ATM Queue Manager Handling Multiple Delay and Loss Priorities," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol. 3, NO. 6, December 1995.
- D. Clark, "Supporting Real-Time Applications in an Integrated Services Packet Network: Architecture and Mechanism," Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM, 1992.
- J. A. Cobb, M. G. Gouda, ``Flow Theory: Verification of Rate-Reservation Protocols,''
- J. A. Cobb, Mohamed G. Gouda, Amal El. Nahas, ``Time-Shift Scheduling: Fair Scheduling of Flows in High Speed Networks,'' Proceedings of ICNP 1996.
- A. Demers, S. Keshav, S. Shenker, ``Analysis and Simulation of a Fair Queuing Algorithms,'' Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM, 1989.
- D. Ferrari, D. Verma, ``A Scheme for Real-Time Channel Establishment in Wide-Area Networks,'' IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol 8(3), April, 1990.
- D. Ferrari, ``Client Requirements for Real-Time Communication Services,'' IEEE Communications Magazine, November 1990.
- N. R. Figueira, J. Pasquale, `` An Upper Bound on Delay for the Virtual Clock Service Discipline,'' IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol. 3(4) August 1995.
- N. R. Figuera, Joseph Pasquale, ``Leave-in-Time: A New Service Discipline for Real-Time Communications in a Packet-Switching Network,'' Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM 95.
- M. Garrett, "A Service Architecture for ATM: From Applications to Scheduling," IEEE Network, May/June 1996.
- H. El-Gebaly, et al, "Performance Evaluation of a Window-Based Approach for ATM Cell Scheduling," CCECE/CCGEI'95, 1995.
- A. Sabaa, et al, "Implementation of a Window-Based Scheduler in an ATM Switch," CCECE/CCGEI'95, 1995.
- S. Golestani, "A self clocked fair queueing scheme for broadband applications," Proc. INFOCOM'94.
- S. J. Golestani, ``A Self-Clocked Fair Queuing Scheme for Broadband Applications,'' Proceedings of the IEEE INFOCOMM 1994.
- S. J. Golestani, ``A Stop-and-Go Queuing Framework for Congestion Management,'' Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM, 1990.
- S. J. Golestani, ``Congestion-Free Transmission of Real-Time Traffic in Packet Networks,'' IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 39(12), December 1990.
- C.R. Kalmanek, H. Kanakia, S. Keshav, ``Rate Controlled Servers for Very High-Speed Networks,'' Proceedings of the IEEE GLOBECOMM, 1990.
- S. Keshav, ``Efficient Implementation of Fair Queuing,'' Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM, 1990.
- J. Kurose, ``Open Issues and Challenges in Providing Quality of Service Guarantees in High-Speed Networks,'' ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communications Review, January 1993.
- C.L. Liu, J.W. Layland, ``Scheduling algorithms for multiprogramming in a hard real time environment,'' J. ACM Vol. 20(1), January 1973.
- P. McKenney, "Stochastic Fairness Queueing," Internetworking: Research and Experience, Vol 2, 113-131, January 1991.
- J. Nagle, "On packet switches with infinite storage," IEEE Trans. on Comm., COM-35(4), April 1987
- J. Nagle, ``On Packet Switches with Infinite Storate,'' RFC 896, 1985.
- A. K. Parekh, R. G. Gallager, ``A Genralized Processor Sharing Approach to Flow Control in Integrated Services Networks: The Multiple Node Case,'' IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, v2.2, April 1994.
- A. K. Parekh, R. G. Gallager, ``A Genralized Processor Sharing Approach to Flow Control in Integrated Services Networks: The Single Node Case,'' IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, v1 1993.
- C. Partridge, ``Gigabit Networking,''
- J. M. Peha, F. A. Tobagi, ``Evaluating scheduling algorithms for traffic with heterogeneous performance objectives,'' Proceedings of the IEEE GLOBECOMM, 1990.
- D. Saha, S. Mukherjee, S. K. Tripathi, ``Multi-Rate Traffic Shaping and End-to-End Performance Guarantees in ATM,'' University of Maryland, College Park, Technical Report.
- S. Shenker, C. Partridge, J. Wroclawski, ``Specification of Controlled Delay Quality of Service,'' IETF draft, 1995.
- S. Shenker, C. Partridge, ``Specification of Guaranteed Quality of Service,'' IETF draft, 1995.
- S. Shenker, J. Wroclawski, ``Network Element Service Specification Template,'' IETF draft, 1995.
- M. Shreedhar, G. Varghese, ``Efficient Fair Queuing using Deficit Round Robin,'' August 1995.
- V. Srinivasan, R. O. Onvural, and G.A. Martin, "Issues in Providing QoS guarantees in High-Speed Networks," Networld+Interop, April 1996.
- D. Stiliadis and A. Varma, "Latency-Rate Servers: A General Model for Analysis of Traffic Scheduling Algorithms," UCSC-CRL-95-38, July 1995.
- D. Verma, H. Zhang, D. Ferrari, ``Delay Jitter Control for Real Time Communication in a Packet Switching Network,'' Proceedings of TriComm'91.
- Y.T. Wang, T. P. Lin, K.C. Gan, ``An Improved Scheduling Algorithm for Weighted Round-Robin Cell Multiplexing In An ATM Switch,'' Technical Report, Industrial Technology Research Institute, 1994.
- G. G. Xie, Simon S. Lam, ``Delay Guarantee of Virtual Clock Server,'' IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol. 3(6) December 1995.
- H. Zhang and D. Ferrari, "Rate-Controlled Service Disciplines," Journal of High Speed Networks, 3 (1994), 389-412.
- H. Zhang, D. Ferrari, ``Rate Controlled Static Priority Queuing,'' Proceedings of the IEEE INFOCOMM 1993.
- H. Zhang, S. Keshav, ``Comparison of Rate-Based Service Disciplines,'' Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM, 1991.
- L. Zhang, ``VirtualClock: A New Traffic Control Algorithm for Packet-Switched Networks,'' ACM Transactions on Computer Systems, v9.2, 1991, p. 101-121.
Back to Raj Jain's Home Page